THESE FRIDGE MAGNETS ARE MAKING ME ANXIOUS BECAUSE THE R ISN’T RED THE G ISN’T GREEN THE B ISN’T BLUE BUT ALL THE COLORS ARE THERE THIS IS WHY I CAN’T SLEEP AT NIGHT
Last seen on 4/16/2014 in the high desert in the Pinon Hills area by 263rd St. They go by the names Bobby and Rebel respectively (in order of photos)
If found, please contact owners at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please reblog and share where you can
A great comic telling people to stand up for their fellow fans!
You want to know how terrible that these douche bags can get? I made a Sailor Venus cosplay for my younger sister who looked amazing and proud to wear it. I made sure she wore white shorts that covered her panties and stopped where the skirt ended, (because of the horror stories we heard about perverts taking pictures up cosplayers’ skirts without consent) Turns out there were jerks trying to take pics up her skirt, but started to complain to each other that she was wearing shorts under and it wasn’t fair. SHE WAS UNDERAGE AT THE TIME OF WEARING THIS COSPLAY! Not only were they attempting sexual harassment, but ON A MINOR! Please, reblog this, spread the word, and stand up for other cosplayers if you see/hear this.
I can’t tell you how flattered (and also somewhat triumphant) I am that my comic is still going around being shared like this. Keep doing it, and keep telling your stories, and this is how we’ll change things.
By the way, cons, the above is available in large size for printing and posting in your spaces and con books for free, just download them from here:
Spread the word!
Right now, 500 light years away from Earth, there’s a planet that looks a lot like our own. It is bathed in dim orangeish light, which at high noon is only as bright as the golden hour before sunset back home.
NASA scientists are calling the planet Kepler-186f, and it’s unlike anything they’ve found. The big news: Kepler-186f is the closest relative to the Earth that researchers have discovered.
It’s the first Earth-sized planet in the habitable zone of another star—the sweet spot between too-hot Mercury-like planets and too-cold Neptunes— and it is likely to give scientists their first real opportunity to seek life elsewhere in the universe. “It’s no longer in the realm of science fiction,” said Elisa Quintana, a researcher at the SETI Institute.
But if there is indeed life on Kepler-186f, it may not look like what we have here. Given the redder wavelengths of light on the planet, vegetation there would sprout in hues of yellow and orange instead of green.
Read more. [Image: NASA Ames/SETI Institute/JPL-Caltech]
Whachow members doodle dump
1. Game Buddy (a reasonably simple design, still have to mess around with the eyes and hair a bit)
2. Trunks (tall and in a suit, his head is more oval shaped to match the body design, overall a really fun design!)
3. Cyberlink ( thought about being cheeky and basically draw cyber as a mecha link from the legend of Zelda… But that hair…. So poof. And a oversized sweater for charm!)
4. Hey it’s that Sean ( yeah it IS that Sean, and he’s a spoopy ghost! Why? A: because, similar to Tombstone’s design this allows me to create more exaggerated faces and B: it’s fun.)
5: Gabby ( I’ve drawn Gabby quite a few times, her design is quite simple, and very VERY similar to another character I have designed in the past!)
OH LOOK We’re little cartoon characters! THESE ARE SO AWESOME
Yoga for hip openers
hello friends! ever since these photos of me started making the rounds on tumblr, the most common question i get asked is “what are hip openers?” so i thought i would make my next guide focused on that. hip openers are poses that help to loosen the muscles that connect to the hip joints. remember that these muscles are often very tight and be careful not to overstretch yourself. loosening the hips happens very very gradually. incorporating some of these poses into your yoga practice can help to achieve both front and side splits!
ps. i tried to put these in a coherent order so that you can flow through them with one leg, then go back and repeat the flow using the opposite leg!
- standing wide-legged forward fold - put your feet wider than shoulder width and bend forward while keeping the back as straight and flat as possible. you should feel the stretch in your hamstrings - hold for a few breaths, then rotate around to downward facing dog.
- lizard pose - start in downward facing dog and raise one leg up behind you, then swing it through to place your foot next to your hand, on the outside. keep your front knee at a 90 degree angle and sink into a deep lunge, with your back knee on the floor and leg extended. you’ll feel this one in your back leg’s hip flexor (along your hip crease) and also deep in your front leg’s hip joint.
- pigeon pose - from lizard pose, move your hand to the outside of your front foot, keep the knee bent, and pull your foot across so it’s near the opposite hand. bend the knee as generously as you want - the closer it is to being parallel with your body, the deeper the stretch. rest here, or go down to your elbows, or even lay forward as you advance in the pose. hold for 5 breaths.
- seated wide-legged forward fold - extend both legs wide as far as is comfortable. rest here, and then bend forward with a straight back. i also like to stretch by reaching toward one foot and then the other.
- head-to-knee forward bend - extend one leg and bend the other at the knee. gently bring your head to your knee while keeping your back straight and your core engaged. if you can’t get down far, just keep your back straight and hold for 3-5 breaths.
- wind relieving pose - come on to your back, bend one knee and interlace your fingers on your shin bone, about two inches below the knee. pull gently toward your body, keeping your back flush with the ground and engaging your core. you can also rotate your knee gently here.
- happy baby pose - bend legs and grab for the inside of your heels, and try to keep your back completely flush with the mat - this will give you the deepest stretch in this pose! you can also roll a bit to massage your lower back.
- reclining goddess pose - release legs from happy baby and let them fall open to the floor. try to keep your lower back close to the ground and put arms wherever is comfortable. relax here and appreciate your fantastic body!
hopefully this helps to answer some questions about hip openers! these the poses i focused on when i was trying to achieve the splits, but having loose hips can help with all kinds of other yoga poses and can also release a lot of tension from your lower back. happy hip-opening! :)
mat: Manduka Pro Black Sage
clothes: sports bra - lululemon flow Y IV, shorts - nike, hoodie - lululemon scuba, socks - smartwool
Great for dancers and anyone with tight hips!
god I need this
not just for sex get your head out of the guttermy hips give me fits on a daily basis just walking
As someone who does all of those poses on at least a weekly basis, I can tell you that they really help…and not just your hips, they help other parts of your body too :)
don’t cross oceans for people who wouldn’t cross a puddle for you.
No, do it. Do cross oceans for people. Love people, all people. No conditions attached, no wondering wether or not they’re worthy. Cross oceans, climb mountains. Life and love isn’t about what you gain, it’s about what you give.